If you can smell gas or think there could be a gas leak you should call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency Helpline on 0800 111 999 immediately.
British Sign Language (BSL) users can get in touch using the SignLive service.
To stay safe follow these steps:
- Open all your doors and windows to help the gas escape
- Do not use any matches, lighters or naked flames
- Do not use any electrical devices (including your mobile phone), light switches or any electrical sockets
- If you can, turn off the gas supply at your meter and leave it off until you’ve been told it’s safe to turn on again
- Leave the property and do not go back into it until you have been given the all clear.
If you have lost gas supply to your property and cannot smell gas, please call us on 0333 405 5555, Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm.