These were last updated on 24th May 2018 – Version 1.1
1. What information do we collect and how we use it?
To provide you with some of the Services we offer, both through our website, our app and direct email, we need to know some of your personal information. This may extend to information about your home and your energy consumption.
We may need to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct and or provision of Services in general. We may share this information with a third party (one of our partners) so that these Services can be used. If you would like to know more information about the third party companies we use, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may also use aggregate information and generate statistics for the purposes of measuring the functionality and features of our Services with a view to improving them. These statistics may be provided to third parties to help improve these Services.
We may use historic energy consumption data in the development and evolution of our technology platforms. This may be shared with our partners and academic institutions that we are working with to evolve our systems and services. In this instance, consumption data will be anonymised so that it is not attributable to an individual.
We may create and access cookies on your web browser. These are files that help us identify when you visit our website and are used to improve your experience, but also to help us improve the Service provided. As your energy supplier, we need to capture energy consumption data required to generate your bills. If you have subscribed for any of our smart device services, we may also be using this data.
When you download our application and opt in, we employ a smart cookie to help us improve your user experience and our product offering. Cookies are small data files which are placed on your devices (such as your smartphone or tablet) as you use this application. They are used to ‘remember’ when your device accesses our application. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our application and to help to maximise your experience. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to you, on our application websites and elsewhere.
How is the cookie managed?
The cookies stored on your device when you access our application are designed by:
- Igloo, or on behalf of Igloo, and are necessary to enable us to improve your user experience
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Igloo.
What is this cookie used for?
The main purposes for which this cookie is used are: -
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our application, particularly in relation to user experience.
- For Igloo to market to you, particularly email, web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable Igloo to collect information about your device behaviours, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To improve the Igloo product offering – by understanding our customers, we can ensure we offer you products and services that you want.
We will never sell any of the information we collect about you to any third party.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to opt out and disable our App smart cookie click here and enter your advertisers ID.
What happens if I disable the cookie?
We will not be able to provide you with tailored content and offers to the same level as we can when the cookie is enabled.
3. How do we protect your information?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, including the use of encryption technology. We also keep your information confidential- our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information. Where our website may link to other websites, we are not responsible for their data policies, procedures or their content.
4. What if we sell the business?
If this business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and may be passed on to the new owners of the business.
5. How can you update your details?
If any of your details change: your name, email or other details; you can contact us through the details on our website and we will make the necessary updates.
6. How do I consent to the use of my information?
7. Can I access my information?
Under GDPR, you have the right to request access to the information that we hold on you. You may submit a request to us in writing to the above address. The first request is free of charge, any subsequent requests will be incur a £10 charge. We will respond within 30 calendar days of receipt of your request.