We promise to always do our best to ensure your experience with Igloo is the best possible.
In addition to this commitment, Ofgem also set out specific standards that we are required to comply to.
Sometimes our engineers may need to visit your home. This might be because you’ve asked us to send someone or because we need to do something as your energy supplier. Whatever the reason for the appointment we promise:
- To offer you a range of appointment dates and times as soon as possible and give you a 4-hour time slot. If we’re unable to do this straight away, we’ll confirm your booking date with you within 5.
- If you request a specific appointment date, we will do our best to accommodate this for you if it’s within working hours and has a 2+ hour time slot.
If we don’t do any of these things when booking your appointment, we will pay you £30.
If we need to rearrange an appointment, we will always give you at least 1 working days’ notice.
If we are unable to provide at least 1 days’ notice (without your written consent) we will pay you £30.
On the day of your appointment
We promise to always keep to our scheduled appointments unless you cancel it or have agreed a new date. If we’re late or miss the appointment, we’ll pay you £30.
On the day of your appointment, we will also ensure that our engineer has the necessary experience, skills, and tools to do the work they’re scheduled to do during the appointment.
If they do not have the skill, experience or have missing resource, we will pay you £30.
If you pay for your energy monthly by Direct Debit you have ‘credit’ energy meters.
If you contact us to tell us that your meter might be faulty (for example, it’s not recording your energy usage correctly), or we suspect there might be a fault, within 5 working days we promise to:
- Do an initial assessment within 5 working days. This might include asking you some questions about your energy usage and any new appliances you might have, checking your meter readings or asking you to complete a home test.
- Take appropriate action towards fixing your meter. This might include arranging for an engineer to visit your home, or fixing it remotely.
- Write to you (usually by email) to confirm the results of our initial assessment. We’ll also explain any recommended actions we’ve taken or plan to take.
If we don’t meet these promises, we will pay you £30 for each failure.
If you pay for your energy as you go you have ‘prepayment’ energy meters.
If you contact us to tell us that your meter might be faulty, or we suspect that it is, we’ll investigate.
If you’ve lost energy supply, we promise to:
- Try and get your meter back up and running remotely first.
- We will send an engineer to you if needed to restore your supply.
- We’ll do this within 3 hours on a working day, or within 4 hours if you’ve contact us at the weekend or on a bank holiday.
If we don’t meet these promises, we will pay you £30
If you’ve let us know you think your meter is faulty, but you still have energy supply, we promise to fixing the issue. This includes:
- Assessing if the meter is faulty, or
- Restoring the meter to a working meter, or
- Replacing the meter.
- We’ll do this within 3 hours on a working day, or within 4 hours if you’ve contact us at the weekend or on a bank holiday. If you contact us outside of our working hours, we’ll take action the following working day.
If we don’t do this, we will pay you £30.
15 working day switch
When you join Igloo, we’ll switch your energy supply to us within 15 working days of confirming receipt of the information we need for the switch. If we don’t do that, we’ll pay you £30, unless your switch it’s delayed for a reason outside our control, or we believe there’s evidence of fraudulent behaviour relating to your switch.
If you’ve told us, you’re moving out of a home supplied by Igloo, or changing to a new supplier we’ll send you a final statement within 6 weeks.
If we get delayed, we’ll pay you £30.
Please note, this doesn’t apply if there’s a dispute over your bill.
Refunding Final Credit Balance
If you’ve moved to another supplier or have moved out of a property supplied by Igloo we will refund your final credit balance within 10 working days of sending your final statement (or correct final statement).
If we don’t do this in time, we will pay you £30.
Please note, this will not apply if you have experienced an erroneous transfer.
When you join or leave Igloo, we work with your other energy supplier to make sure we are transferring the correct meters.
If a mistake happens and your gas or electricity meters are accidentally switched to Igloo, or you’re switched from Igloo to another supplier without a valid contract, this is called an ‘erroneous transfer’.
If you think your meters have been switched to us in error, and without a valid contract, we’ll investigate and if we confirm your meter has been transferred in error, we’ll pay you £30.
As well as this, if you contact us to let us know that your meters have been switched without a valid contract, we’ll also take the following action to sort it out:
- We’ll contact the other supplier within 20 days to confirm if the switch is an erroneous transfer.
- We’ll then write to you within 20 days of identifying the problem and let you know the outcome of our discussion with the other supplier.
- If we confirm an erroneous transfer away from us, we’ll let you know, and we’ll move your supply back to Igloo within 21 working days of confirming the erroneous transfer with the other supplier.
If any of the above is delayed by us, we’ll pay you £30.
Please note, this doesn’t apply if you have notified the supplier of the issue without letting us know, or if you’ve been transferred to Igloo as part of the Supplier of Last Resort process.
We believe everyone should have access to energy so we don’t disconnect our customers unless there are exceptional circumstance.
If we have disconnect the gas or electricity supply, we will follow Ofgem's guidance to reconnect the supply to your property within 24 hrs.
If we do not reconnect the supply within 24 hours, we will pay you £30.
Performance of Electricity Distribution Networks & Gas Transporters
If there are issues with the gas or electricity networks that your Electricity Distributors or Gas Transporters are responsible for, they may ask us to pay compensation to you on their behalf.
They will let us know how much you are due, and if we do not pay you the specific amount within 10 working days, we will pay you an additional £30.
If we need to make a payment to you because we’ve not met one of the standards of performance outlined above, we will make sure this is paid within 10 working days. Should we not pay you within 10 working days, we will pay you an additional £30.
This payment can be added to your account, sent via bank transfer or added onto your prepayment meter.
There are some circumstances where we will not pay the £30 compensation
- Where we are in a genuine dispute about whether we are obligated to make a GSOP payment.
- If something outside of our control happens and means we are unable to meet one of the standards e.g. severe weather conditions, an act from a person that is not a representative of our company.
- If you inform us that you no longer wish to act, or take further action over an issue
- If we suspect your meter has been tampered with.
- If we cannot gain access to the meter or property where we need to.