Which systems is tado° compatible with?
tado° works with almost all heating systems in apartments and houses that have their own heating boiler, regardless of how old the heating system is or whether it uses radiators or underfloor heating.
Currently, tado° is compatible with almost all heating systems, including:
- combi, system and heat-only boilers
- conventional and condensing boilers
- hydronic underfloor systems
- electric underfloor systems (maximum switching current of 6A)
- air source and ground source heat pumps (heating only)
- zoned systems (one tado° Smart Thermostat per zone)
- switched live systems
- potential-free (dry-contact) systems with low-voltage analog and digital bus interfaces
Does tado° work with electric underfloor heating?
Yes, tado° can be connected to electric underfloor heating if these requirements are met:
- The electric underfloor heating system switches no more than 6 Amps. Most electric underfloor systems will draw significantly more than this unless they use a relay.
- The system does not require a floor temperature sensor.
You can determine if your underfloor heating system uses more than 6 Amps or requires a floor temperature sensor by consulting the user manual or asking a certified electrician.
Does tado° work if I have ‘wet’ underfloor heating?
Yes, but you will need to make sure you purchase the right number of additional thermostats so you can manage each zone.
If you've got any concerns and want advice, you can contact us and we'll do our best to help identify whether tado° will work in your home.