We understand that some customers might need extra support, especially in emergency situations.
We can add you to our Priority Services Register if you, or someone in your property, is:
- of pensionable age (over 60)
- disabled or chronically sick
- has a long-term medical condition
- has a hearing or visual impairment or additional communication needs (like careline/telecare systems)
- in a vulnerable situation (such has having a child under 5, needing medical equipment that relies on electricity, or medical refrigeration).
To register for priority services simply send us a message or call us on 0808 501 5655.
How we support
- Advance notice of planned power cuts and priority support in an emergency.
- Identification & Password scheme: All of our engineers, and our 3rd parties will have ID badges so you can be sure of who you're talking to when we knock at your door. For extra security you can also set up a home visit password which we'll use each time we visit.
- Free gas safety checks: We can arrange for an engineer to visit qualifying customers homes and check their gas appliances annually.
- Nominee scheme: Customers who need a little extra help managing their account can nominate a family member or carer to be added as a secondary account holder. This person is able to talk to us about the account, but does not become responsible for the balance.
- Meter reading appropriate intervals: If you're unable to take a meter reading we may be able to install a smart meter or make arrangements to take the readings for you.
- Accessible information: We can change the format of our account and bill information to one that works best for you. So if you need a paper bill, or want it in large print or braille just let us know.