Following the relaxation of Covid-19 lockdown restrictions we are re-starting activities that involve visiting you in your home.
Now more than ever, we want you to know that we take our responsibilities for health and safety very seriously. As a result, we have put in place a number of measures to ensure our visit is safe for everyone involved.
When arranging your appointment:
We will ask you if anybody in your household is self-isolating, "clinically vulnerable”, “extremely clinically vulnerable” (shielding), or showing any symptoms of Covid-19. If they are, unfortunately we will not be able to book your appointment and will look to re-arrange at a later date, in line with Government advice.
On the day of your appointment:
Before we arrive, please:
- Open all internal doors leading to your meters, helping minimise the need for us to come into contact with door handles
- Where safe to do so, open windows in the area we will be working in to ensure a free flow of air
On arrival, we will:
- Ask again whether anybody in your household, is self-isolating, “clinically vulnerable”, “extremely clinically vulnerable” (shielding) or showing any symptoms of Covid-19
- Ask you to minimise movement in busy areas where social distancing may not be possible (e.g. hallways)
- Be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment
- Wash our hands (all engineers also carry hand sanitiser)
- Clean any surfaces we will regularly come into contact with during our visit
During your appointment:
- Please do not handle any tools, equipment or other objects used by our team
- We will regularly wash or sanitise hands and maintain 2m social distancing wherever possible. We may ask you to wait in another room while we work.
At the end of your appointment, we will:
- Clean any surfaces we regularly came into contact with during our visit
- Ensure that all waste and belongings are removed from your property
All Igloo colleagues and our trusted partners have the right to pause work at any point if they deem working conditions to be unsafe for your family, themselves or anybody else. We are monitoring government announcements for changes to recommended working practices and may change our approach if needed.
If you have any questions about these measures or our risk assessment, please get in touch and we can answer any of your questions.