Now more than ever, we want you to know that we take our responsibilities for health and safety very seriously. As a result, we have put in place a number of measures to ensure our visit is safe for everyone involved.
When we arrive
On arrival, we will:
- Be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Wash our hands (all engineers also carry hand sanitiser) .
- Check to see if your meters are outside and accessible. If they are, we will take your meter readings, sanitise all surfaces that we come in contact with and leave, limiting our engineers contact with customers.
If your meters are inside your home, we will:
- Knock on your door and step back at least 2 meters.
- Explain who we are, why we are visiting and present ID.
- We will ask you if anybody in your household is self-isolating, "clinically vulnerable”, “extremely clinically vulnerable” (shielding), or showing any symptoms of Covid-19. If they are, we will ask if it is possible for you to read the meter for us. If you would prefer not to, don’t worry, just let our engineer know.
During our visit
Before entering your home, we will ask you to:
- Open all internal doors leading to your meters and remove any objects that may be blocking access to them. This helps minimise the need for us to come into contact with your door handles and possessions.
- Where safe to do so, open windows in the area around your meter to ensure a free flow of air
During the visit, we will maintain 2m social distancing wherever possible. We may ask you to wait in another room while we work.
At the end of our visit, we will clean any surfaces we came into contact with.
All Igloo colleagues and our trusted partners have the right to pause work at any point if they deem working conditions to be unsafe for your family, themselves or anybody else. We are monitoring government announcements for changes to recommended working practices and may change our approach if needed.
If you have any questions about these measures or our risk assessment, please get in touch and we can answer any of your questions.